A great craft project for you to do with your kids is to make a wreath.
- Ring of cardboard (empty cereal boxes work wonderfully)
- construction paper (blue and green)
- piece of wool
- Trace a small plate and a large plate onto a piece of old cardboard.
- Empty cereal boxes or frozen dinner boxes work well as a source of recycled cardboard.
- It doesn't matter if you go over the folds of the cardboard
- Cut a small strip of cardboard and glue it onto the back of the ring over any folds in the cardboard.
- This will reinforce the ring.
- Cut strips of construction paper (about 1 1/2 inches by 4 inches)
- Glue the strips into rolls (like making a paper chain)
- Glue the rolls of construction paper onto the wreath.
- Alternate colors to make a pattern.
- Use the template pieces on the website listed below for the Earth to hang in the center.
- Tape a small piece of wool to the earth and the wreath so it hangs in the middle.
There are many other great craft ideas and other fun things to be found on their main website here.