The Perfect Bacon Cheeseburger
If you're going to forget about your doctor's cholesterol warnings and go all out, this cheeseburger made with ground beef will take you back to your childhood. Serve it with all the trimmings -- sliced tomato, onion, lettuce, and ketchup and mustard. Don't forget the pickles!
- 6 slices bacon
- 2 pounds ground beef
- salt and pepper
- 6 slices of sharp Cheddar cheese
- Cook the bacon until it's very crisp, then drain and pat dry with paper towels.
- Make six hamburger patties from the ground beef. Sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper.
- Grill over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes. Turn it once halfway through the cooking time.
- About a minute before you take the burgers off the grill, put a slice of cheese on each patty and allow the cheese to melt. You can also toast the buns on the grill for a few seconds.
- Top with the bacon and let each person build their own burger by adding their favorite toppings.
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks (about 1" thick)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon dried chives
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- Combine all the herbs and rub it into both sides of each steak.
- Grill directly over medium heat until they are cooked to your preference. Seven minutes will be rare, nine minutes will be medium, and eleven minutes will be well done.
recipes courtesy of bbqrecipesecrets.com