This served to remind me of something important. That spending time with family is important. Not that I don't know this but with the buzz and hustle of everyday life it is something that tends to fall by the wayside.
So as I sat down to write this blog tonight, I figured I would share some tips on strengthening the bonds of family.
- Sit down to eat dinner with them. But make sure that there are no distractions. That means turn off the TV and walk away from the internet and phone. I promise it will still be there when you get done.
- Play a game with them. The specific game will depend on your kids and their age and attention level.
- Take a family walk. Find a area away from the bustle, if you can, and take a walk. If you have dogs bring them along. If you are lucky enough to live near to a state or federal park head there, and see what kind of animals you can spot.
- Visit the rest of your family. Wicca is a religion that honors all aspects of one's life. Including the Grandparents. So go visit the children's grandparents and aunts and uncles.
- Just listen to them. My kids love to talk and oftentimes you can discover some pretty wondrous things. It is like the old cliche, 'out of the mouths of babes come wisdom'.
- Take your kids to a movie or play. There are at least a few kid-friendly movies out there. Enjoy them.
- Make sure you tell your kids that you love them. That is probably the most important thing.