Leek and Broccoli Quiche
Serves 4 - 6
- 1 frozen ready to use deep dish pie shell or pastry for 1 pie shell
- 2 leeks cleaned, and chopped finely
- 1/2 head of broccoli, chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 7 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk or cream
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 1/4 cup grated cheese, any kind you like
- salt and pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Prick the bottom of the pie shell with a fork to allow ventilation, set aside.
In a large fry pan, saute leeks and broccoli in butter until leeks are lightly browned. Remove from heat to cool. Set aside.
In a medium mixing bowl, beat eggs, milk or cream, flour, salt and pepper until frothy. Set aside.
Add cooled leek mixture and cheese to pie shell. Spread evenly. Pour egg mixture slowly over the top. Put into the oven for 30-35 minutes or until top is slightly browned. To check for doneness, the top should be firm, insert a butter knife in the middle to ensure it comes out clean.
Serve immediately. courtesy of Canadian Wiccans
Now I know that the following is not in the normal pattern but I figured a vegan version of my favorite desert was a good fit.
Vegan Carrot Cake
- 3 Cups shredded Carrots
- 1 1/4 Cup of Sugar
- 2 Cups Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Salt
- 2 Teaspoons of Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Baking Soda
- 2 Teaspoons of Cinnamon
- 1/2 Cup of Orange Juice
- 3/4 Cup of Granola Oil
- 1 Cup of Raisins
- 1 Cup of Copped Walnuts
- 8oz Tofutti cream cheese or other kind of soy cream cheese
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2tsp vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Do not use a hand mixer for this recipe, use a ladle or spoon.
3. Mix all the dry Ingredients together.
4. Then mix in the Carrots and the Oil to the dry ingredients.
5. Add the Orange Juice and mix it all together.
6. Grease pan with cooking spray or oil.
7. Put the batter into cake pan.
8. Bake for 45 minutes or until knife/toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center.
9. Let cool completely
10. Beat cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla together with hand mixer.
11. Pipe into a plastic ziplock bag and close bag.
12. When cake is completely cool, cut a little snip off the bottom corner of the ziplock bag and drizzle the creamy frosting over the top of the cake as pictured.
13. Or you can always just frost it regular.
courtesy of grouprecipes.com