Chicken Fajita Marinade
1/4 cup beer (optional)
1/3 cup fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
salt to taste
- To prepare the marinade, stir together beer, lime juice, olive oil, garlic, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, cilantro, cumin, and salt; mix well.
- To use marinade, pour into a resealable plastic bag, add up to 1 1/2 pounds of chicken breast, and mix until chicken is well coated. Marinate for 1 to 3 hours in the refrigerator.
Beef Fajita Marinade
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup tequila
- 2 cloves garlic, minced1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon dried, crushed Mexican oregano
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Whisk together lime juice, tequila, garlic, cilantro, oregano, cumin, and pepper in a bowl.
- To use the marinade, pour into a resealable bag, and add 1 to 1 1/2 pounds of flank steak. Press the air out of the bag and seal tightly. Marinate in the refrigerator 8 to 24 hours.
Mojo Grilling Marinade
- 6 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup minced yellow onion
- 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (e.g. Tabasco™) (optional)
- 1 cup olive oil
1. Pulse the garlic and onion in a blender until very finely chopped. Pour in orange juice, lime juice; season with cumin, oregano, lemon-pepper, black pepper, salt, cilantro, and hot pepper sauce. Blend until thoroughly incorporated. Pour in the olive oil, and blend until smooth.