So this week the suggestion is to spend some time playing with your kids. There are many important benefits for your child to engage in play, besides bonding with you. Some of these are:
- Building the imagination
- Promoting their social skills
- Advancing their physical development
- Helping them work through their emotions
- Teaches patience and problem solving skills
- Play a game. Whether cards or a board game I promise you will all enjoy yourself.
- Get crafty together. Make something. What exactly will depend on your skill level but these are the kinds of memories that will last a lifetime.
- Listen to music together. Introduce them to some new music or even introduce both of you to something you've never heard before.
- Watch a movie together. With my oldest we are watching old classics from the 40's to the 70's.
- Read a book together. Not only will this help to broaden your and the kids' vocabulary but you may just both learn something.
- Get outdoors. Play hide and seek or tag. Or just watch the clouds or the birds. There is always something new and exciting to see.