So here are a few recipes for you to enjoy:
Apple nut Stuffing in Acorn Squash
- 2 acorn squash, halved and seeded
- 6 slices of white bread, cut into small cubes
- 1 tsp. dried sage
- 1/2 tsp. dried poultry seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. each rosemary and thyme
- 1 tsp. butter
- 4 dried apple rings, chopped finely
- 2 tbsp. pine nuts
- 2 tbsp. slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup warmed milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tsps. butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare squash, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, toss together bread and spices, set aside.
- In a medium saute pan, heat 1 tsp. butter until melted. Add chopped apple rings and nuts. Saute until apple is slightly softened and nuts are golden in color.
- Add apple and nut mixture to bread mixture.
- Add warmed milk and salt and pepper to taste.
- Dot squash halves with butter.
- Scoop stuffing into hollow squash halves
- Put squash halves on a baking sheet, brush lightly with butter, cover with foil and bake for 1 hour.
- Squash will be ready when soft and fragrant
- 3 cups sliced carrots
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
Boil or steam the carrots until tender. Drain. Add the butter, brown sugar, ginger, and cinnamon; stir until the carrots are well-coated.
And remember our giveaway, here at PaganDad, is still going on. Head here for details. Or to just enter click here and be sure to Like my Facebook page.