Tomorrow I am planning on boiling the turkey necks for broth and making the cornbread for the stuffing.
But today I am going to share with you my recipe for macaroni and cheese.
You will need:
- 1 lb colby jack cheese
- 1/2 lb mozzarella
- 1/2 lb sharp cheddar
- 1 lb elbow macaroni
- Small amount of milk around 2 cups
- Two eggs
- Boil macaroni according to directions on box.
- Shred all cheese together in a bowl.
- In a large pot beat the eggs and milk together.
- Then scald the mixture. In other words get it to just before boiling.
- Now add the cheese by the handfuls allowing time between each for it to melt nearly completely.
- When the cheese has all been added and given time to melt thoroughly, resembling a fondue, pour cheese mixture into elbow macaroni and stir in.
- Next bake at 325 degrees for about an hour or until the top has become golden and crispy. If the edges are cooking to fast you can cover them with aluminum foil.