It really is a simple idea that makes a great centerpiece. And can be used year after year. Just remember that candles can catch other things on fire so don't leave it unsupervised or let children play with it.
To make one of these you will need the following:
- A log about 14 – 18” long
- Dried berries, such as cranberries
- Cuttings of mistletoe, holly, pine needles, and ivy
- Feathers and cinnamon sticks
- Some festive ribbon – use paper or cloth ribbon, not the synthetic or wire-lined type
- A hot glue gun
- Three Candles
Use the ribbons, berries, cuttings and feather and cinnamon sticks to decorate the exterior of the log. Then drill or carve three small holes for the candle to set in. The colors of the candles don't really matter. But a suggestion would be to use; Red for the Holly King, Green for the newborn Oak King and White for the Goddess soon to become the Maiden.