- Hot Glue
- Wooden Dowel (not to thick, but the size is up to you)
- Quartz crystal point
- Some things to decorate it with (ribbon is a good choice)
- To begin cut the dowel down to the length from the tip of your child's index finger to the inside of their elbow.
- At one end glue on the quartz crystal point.
- If you would like you can glue some ribbon underneath the crystal or at any point along the wand.
- Blessed Water - This is basically just water with a pinch of salt that has been imbued with positive energy making it pure and clean
- Sage or some other cleansing herb
Start by casting circle in any way that is comfortable to you. I have included a circle casting to help with those who are new.
Have all join hands and still their thoughts. Let the first to speak say;
From Me to You; followed by the next person saying
From You to Me
and repeat until all have said both lines.
For the purpose of tonight's ritual have the chant move deosil (clockwise) around the circle of people.
Then when it gets back to the first let them say;
The Circle is Cast and the Temple is raised.
So Mote It Be! (All can repeat)
Now that you have cast circle, lightly sprinkle the item to be consecrated with some of the blessed water And smudge it with smoke from the sacred herb.
Next have the child hold it and repeat after you:
I claim and bless this item
In the name of the Goddess (Lay it on the Earth below)
And the God (Hold it up to the sky)
So that it may serve me well in ritual
Have them focus on clearing the object of negative energy (you may have to help them in this step) and making it their own.
If you try this out I would love to hear any feedback you have.